Where are all the other offices of the Spanish Embassy in the United Kingdom?


SPANISH EMBASSY 39 Chesham Place, London SW1X 8SB. Chancery   E-mail:     Tel. 020 7235 5555       Fax 020 7259 5392 Agriculture, Fisheries and food Service (Environmental department)- Tel. 0207 235 5005 Fax 020 7 259 6897 Press Office – Tel. 020 7235 7537    Fax 020 7235 2263 Spanish Chamber of Commerce, 126 Wigmore St. London W1U 3 RZ. Tel. 0207 009 9070 Fax 0207 009 9088      E-mail: For advise on business deals in Spain or Spanish exporters in the UK. Labour Office, 20 Peel Street, London W8 7PD. Tel: 020 7221 0098. Fax: 020 7229 7270.                                                                                                  E-mail:  For advice on regulations regarding work and Social Security in Spain. Education Office, 20 Peel Street, London W8 7PD. Tel. 020 7727 2462  Fax 020 7229 4965  E-mail:     Services include advice and support to schools offering Spanish in their curriculum. Instituto Cervantes, 102 Eaton Square, London SW1W 9AN. Tel. 020 7235 0324/0353  Fax 020 7235 0329                  E-mail:


What documentation do I need in order to travel to Spain?

Entry requirements and visas

A full British passport, valid for the duration of the visit only, is required to enter mainland Spain, the Balearic and Canary Islands. Children included in an adult’s passport must be under 16 years of age. EU, Norway, Iceland and Switzerland citizens do not require visas for visits whatever their length. Holders of passports valid for the entire period of the visit, issued by Australia Canada, Japan and the USA do not require visas for visits of fewer than 90 days, but a special visa is required for longer stays. Visa information is available on Tel. 0871 376 00 23, option 5, from 08:30 am to 17:30 pm (Monday to Friday) ; SPANISH CONSULATES IN THE UK London, 20 Draycott Place, London SW3 2RZ. Tel. 020 7589 8989 Fax 020 7581 7888.  E-mail:     Edinburgh, 63 North Castle Street, Edinburgh EH2, 3LJ. Tel. 0131 220 1843/1439/1442  Fax 0131 226 4568 E-mail:  


What is required to get married in Spain?

  If persons of a nationality other than Spanish wish to get married in Spain they must go to the Civil Registry of the municipality where they want to celebrate the union. There you will be informed of the specific documentation required. As a general rule, it is usually requested to present full birth certificates of the spouses along with certificates of marital status, voter registration cards (at least one spouse must be registered in Spain) and a photocopy of a national identification document, passport or residence permit in force. In Spain, civil marriages between the same sex are permitted.  


Which products can be brought into Spain?

If you're travelling from another European Union countryThere are no limits to what you can buy and take with you when you travel between countries in the European Union, provided what you buy is for your own personal use. In these cases you will not need to prove they will be subject to personal use in quantities below 800 cigarettes, 400 mini-cigars, 200 cigars, 1 kg of tobacco, 10 litres of liqueurs, 20 of fortified wine, 90 wine and 110 litres of beer. Furthermore, monetary amounts of over 9,999.99 euros must also be declared.If you're travelling from a country outside the European UnionTravellers may not bring foodstuffs of animal origin for their own consumption into the European Union as part of their baggage (meats, meat products, milk and dairy products). Usually, the only exceptions are powdered baby milk formula in the container it is sold in, and foods for special medical purposes. However, travellers coming from the Faroe Islands, Greenland and Iceland may bring in small amounts of meat and dairy products for their own consumption. Other foodstuffs can be brought into Spain up to a maximum weight of one kilogram.

Travellers are permitted to enter Spain with their personal baggage, which may contain items for personal or family use, or to be given as presents. These will not in principle be considered as commercial goods, depending on the quantity or type of goods. This evaluation will be made by the customs services on arrival.

Sums of money in excess of 9,999.99 euros must be declared. Currently, over 18s are authorised to carry 200 cigarettes, or 100 mini-cigars, or 50 cigars, or 250 grams of rolling tobacco. The quantities of alcohol visitors are permitted to bring into the country are four litres of non-sparkling wine and 16 litres of beer or one litre of drink with an alcohol content of over 22%, or two litres with a lower alcohol content. Each of these quantities represents 100% of the total authorised amount, which can be divided. For example, you may carry half a litre of liquor and 1 litre of sealed wine since each of these quantities is half of the permitted amount. Given that conditions may vary, we suggest you contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate to verify these restrictions. For more information visit the European Union website.


Are you travelling with your pet?

There are three general rules: animals should be accompanied by their owners or representatives, must be properly identified and must have a veterinary certificate written in Spanish. Please take into account that all pets must be in possession of the correct veterinary certificate or passport, according to the species of animal.You can travel with a maximum of five pets for non-commercial regulations to apply. 

If your pet is a dog, a cat or a ferret

If bringing a dog, cat or pet ferret into Spain from a European Union country, it must:• Be identified by an electronic microchip or a readable tattoo applied before 3 July 2011. • Be vaccinated against rabies at the time of travel. If the dog, cat or ferret is less than 15 weeks old it cannot have a valid anti-rabies vaccination and will therefore not be allowed into the country.• Have a European pet passport, correctly filled in.If travelling from a non-European Union country, you must bring your pet through one of the designated Travellers’ Points of Entry and inform the Guardia Civil (Civil Guard) that you are travelling with a pet, presenting its documentation. If you don’t have a European Pet Passport, your animals must be accompanied by:• An animal health certificate signed by an official veterinarian of your country and presented in, at least, Spanish. • A statement according to European Union forms. • A certified copy of the animal’s identification and vaccination information.You can find full information and the certificate and declaration forms in Spanish and English here

If your pet is a bird

Pet birds are birds other than: chickens, turkeys, guinea fowl, ducks, geese, quail, pigeons and doves, pheasants, partridges and ratites. Birds brought from European Union countries must be accompanied by a veterinary certificate according to the INTRA-2 form, written in, at least, Spanish and issued in the last 10 days.However, if the birds are coming from non-European Union countries, they must enter at one of the designated Points of Entry and be accompanied by an animal health certificate signed by an official veterinarian, presented in, at least, Spanish, and by a statement according to European Union forms. The pet bird must also comply with one of the four options in the veterinary certificate providing protection from problems such as avian influenza.You can find information on all the requirements here

Other species

There are other animal species which, according to Regulation (EU) 576/2013 of the European Parliament and Council, can be considered pets: invertebrates (with some exceptions), ornamental aquatic animals, amphibians, reptiles, rodents and rabbits (other than those intended for the production of food according to Regulation 853/2004).They must all have the corresponding veterinary certificate, written at least in Spanish, issued within 10 days before the trip. Also, if coming from a non-European Union country, see this link to consult which animal health certificate form corresponds to each type of animal and which are the official Points of Entry. 

A few useful tips…

Make sure you have a telephone number for emergency veterinary services in the place you are planning to visit with your pet.

In addition to fulfilling all the entry requirements, you should also bear in mind the following:

• A muzzle is compulsory for dogs in some regions of Spain as well as for travelling on many forms of public transport, and for road transport in the case of potentially dangerous animals.• Public transport at each destination will have its own regulations for travelling with pets. There are taxi companies specialising in pet transport.• Not all types of accommodation admit animals. When booking, it is advisable to mention you will be travelling with a pet in order to check whether pets are allowed or if a supplement will be charged. However, an increasing range of accommodation services do permit animals, and there are also “pet hotels” with 24-hour surveillance.• Many restaurants and shops do not permit pets, although there are increasing numbers of pet-friendly businesses that do accept them, and even spaces designed especially for pets, such as grooming salons, etc.• The municipal authorities determine the places, seasons and times when dogs are allowed to enter and stay on beaches.• Pets are the protagonists at some events in Spain, such as the Perrotón España charity race, or the Fiestas de San Antón in Madrid.• Websites such as and offer plenty of information on pet-friendly accommodation, companies, services and destinations.But before you start your trip, it is always advisable to check with your chosen accommodation and transport companies about their conditions for travelling with pets.

Given that conditions may vary, we suggest you contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate to verify the information. For more information visit the Ministry of Agriculture, Fishing and Food website.


Spain BarcelonaSevilleMadridMalagaCordobaA CoruñaGranadaCadizAsturiasMurciaLugoHuescaAlicante - AlacantLleidaCastellón - CastellóCantabriaVizcaya - BizkaiaLa RiojaValenciaGuipúzcoa - GipuzkoaPontevedraAlmeríaValladolidToledoLeónCáceresJaénBurgosGironaTarragonaÁlava - ArabaCiudad RealHuelvaSegoviaCuencaSalamancaTeruelZaragozaZamoraBadajozNavarreÁvilaOurenseAlbaceteGuadalajaraSoriaPalenciaCanary IslandsBalearic Islands
Baleares MajorcaIbizaMinorca
Canarias LanzaroteTenerifeGran CanariaLa PalmaFuerteventuraLa Gomera