Baroque in style, this building is a prototypical model of stately homes built in Jerez de la Frontera by the aristocracy and the city's winery bourgeoisie. Built in 1778, the palace was bought by the well-known Domecq family in 1885. It is the greatest architectural example of the 18th-century Jerez Baroque. On its three-story external façade, our eyes are drawn to the rich decoration of its central balcony. Once inside, the mansion is structured around a large central courtyard with red Tuscan marble columns, a magnificent space with striking ornamentation on the rounded arches. In the rest of the rooms, you can admire a beautiful artistic set made up of paintings, tapestries, sculptures and noble materials brought expressly from Italy, Flanders and France.
Plaza Aladro, nº 2
11402 Jerez de la Frontera, Cadiz (Andalusia)
Jerez de la Frontera Fortress
This is the oldest building preserved in Jerez de la Frontera.
Jerez de la Frontera Cathedral
The long period of time over which it was built caused a variety…
Andalusian Flamenco Centre, Regional Government of Andalusia
Located in the 18th-century Pemartín mansion, outstanding for its…