From the Middle Ages to the 20th century
The Museum is located in three buildings in the old quarter of Oviedo: the 18th-century Velarde Palace, which is joined to a building from 1940, and the Casa de Oviedo Portal, dating from the 17th century.
With over 8,000 pieces, this museum represents the largest public art collection in Asturias, comprising painting, sculpture, drawing, engraving, photography and applied and industrial arts. The collections encompass the period from the Middle Ages to the 20th century. Especially worthy of note are the Spanish paintings and the significant examples of other European schools, in particular the Italian and Flemish ones. The museum has a specialised library, expanded in 1995 through the acquisition of the private library of the art historian Diego Angulo.
Palace of the Marquis de Santa Cruz del Marcenado or de la Rúa
Commissioned by Alonso González de la Rúa, treasurer of the…
Asturias Archeological Museum
The museum is set in part of the San Vicente Monastery and brings…