It is located between the Manzanares River and the Royal Palace. It possibly owes its name to the fact that it was the site of a camp established by the Muslim armies who laid siege to Madrid between 1100 and 1200. It has been the scene of hunting parties, jousts and tournaments, as well as serving as a route to the Casa de Campo parklands. The Campo del Moro does not date from the same period as the new palace –today known as the Oriente Palace; the gardens did not come into existence until the late 19th century.
Campo del Moro Gardens
Paseo Virgen del Puerto, s/n.
28005 Madrid (Madrid Region)
Santa María la Real de la Almudena Cathedral
At the end of the 19th Century building work was started on the…
Royal Monastery of La Encarnación
This monastery in the Plaza de la Encarnación square was built in…