Seat of the Catalan Regional Government
This building combines Gothic and Renaissance elements.
It was built in several stages, and features a combination of various architectural styles. The main façade was designed by Pere Blau in 1596 and is Renaissance in style, while the side that looks onto Carrer del Bisbe street is the work of Pere Joan. The side that looks onto Carrer de Sant Honorat is Gothic. The stairway and the Gothic courtyard were built in 1425, while the central courtyard, known as the 'Pati del Tarongers', dates from 1526. The chapel of San Jordi is one of the highlights on the interior. The Tápies Room is where cabinet of the Catalan Regional Government meets.
Town Hall or Casa de la Ciutat
Although the original work dates from the 14th century, various…
Casa de Padellàs House (History Museum)
A Gothic palace built in the 16th century that was moved stone by…
Casa de L'Ardiaca House
The House of L'Ardiaca was built in the 15th century by order of…