The temple was built in the 16th century in the Mudéjar-Gothic style. The church was founded in 1503 by the Knight commander of the Order of Santiago, Garci Méndez de Sotomayor. Until 1891 it was an auxiliary church in the parish of San Mateo. The church has a rectangular floor plan, divided into three naves by octagonal pillars supporting pointed arches, each framed in an alfiz. The church ceiling is coffered in wood. It has a hipped roof. Entrance to the church is through a segmental arch decorated with shell motifs, and with composite columns forming the jambs. There is an image of St. James over the door. It has been declared a National Historic Monument.
Condes de Santa Ana Palace
A magnificent jewel of the civil Baroque architecture of Cordoba.…