The chapel is the only thing that remains of the church of San Andrés burnt in 1936. Built in the 17th century by the architect José de Villarreal to house the remains of San Isidro. Brick is the most widely used material, the corners are reinforced with stone columns, crowned with an entablature decorated with brackets.Outside there is a cupola, supported on an octagonal tambour, made of brick, decorated with vaulted niches that house the statues of the twelve Apostles and Four Evangelists.Recently restored by the architect Javier Vallés.
San Isidro Chapel in San Andrés Church
Plaza de San Andrés 1
28005 Madrid (Madrid Region)