From San Benito to San Mancio
Only three parts of the Royal Monastery of San Benito still stand: the chapel of San Mancio, the Tower and the Arch of San Benito.
The chapel of San Mancio was originally dedicated to San Benito. The town clock was installed in the tower of the Royal Monastery of San Benito, until the church was destroyed in 1835. The arch of San Benito was originally the door into the church, although today it is entered from one of the town’s main thoroughfares. The chapel of San Mancio has one of the first Mudéjar-style walls on the peninsula. The ruins of the chapel of San Mancio were declared a National Monument in 1931. The Royal Monastery of San Benito is the most representative Benedictine site on the Peninsula. The monastery was almost completely destroyed during the Peninsular Wars and in a series of fires.
San Tirso Church in Sahagún
This is one of the oldest Mudejar churches in the province of Leon.
Monastery of Madres Benedictinas
It has an interesting museum with a collection of gold items and…
Santa Cruz Museum of the Madres Benedictinas
The tour includes a visit to the museum and the monastery chapel,…
Church of San Juan in Sahagún
It conserves on its interior the remains of Saints Facundo and…
Nuestra Señora de la Peregrina Shrine
This old Franciscan convent is built in brick and has Arab arches.…