It was rebuilt in the 14th century on an earlier 13th-century structure. It has a floor plan in the shape of a Latin cross, a single nave, chapels in the apse and a gabled roof. The outside is arranged in staggered heights, with three windows at the top. The main doorway is a pointed arch, and the archivolts are decorated with plant and geometric motifs. The tympanum has a representation of the Adoration of the Kings and Saint Francis receiving the stigmata on Mount Alvernia. At the east end of the church is the sarcophagus of Fernán Pérez de Andrade. It was declared a National Monument in 1919. It is now considered a Property of Cultural Interest.