A convent of the Order of the Dominicans. It was built between the 16th and the 17th centuries. Though it is a Gothic building, its decoration is Plateresque and Baroque. This church has a Latin-cross plan, with only one nave with a Baroque reredos flanked by spiral columns, made by José de Churriguera. Its main panel depicts a scene from the martyrdom of San Esteban, painted by Claudio Coello. The building has three cloisters, the most interesting of which being the Royal Cloister.
Santo Domingo Exhibition Hall
It is located in the Old Santo Domingo de la Cruz College, a…
Casa Lis Art Nouveau and Art Deco Museum
Located in Casa Lis, the city's earliest Modernist building (1905).