This football stadium has the largest capacity of any stadium in Europe, and has hosted the matches of FC Barcelona since 1957.
These facilities are recognised by the UEFA as being a five-star stadium –the maximum possible score– and it holds around 99,000 spectators. As well as the pitch itself, the visit includes admission to the FC Barcelona Museum, the club shop and the dressing rooms for visiting teams. There is also a crèche, restaurants, various television studios, a sports medicine centre, the association of former team players and the offices of various of the club's departments. The stadium opened in 1957 under the name of Estadi del FC Barcelona. However it became popularly known as Camp Nou. Finally, in 2001, the club changed its original designation to the name by which it is known today.