An major ensemble of Palaeolithic art
Designated World Heritage in 2008
It was discovered in 1903 and contains drawings that date from 19,000 years ago. It has two galleries linked by a common exterior shelter. It has an outstanding set of rock paintings, featuring a series of red figures located in the right-hand gallery. They are of a considerable size; 18 of the paintings are of deer, and there is also a stag, a horse, an auroch, a hybrid-type figure, three rectangular symbols and various small dots and lines. The figures are distinctive for their technique, with a stippled outline made with the fingers.
Monte Pando (Ramales de la Victoria)
39800 Ramales de la Victoria, Cantabria (Cantabria)