Its construction began in 1347 on the remains of a previous Romanesque cathedral and was completed two centuries later. The Baroque-style façade was built in the 18th century. It was designed by Benito Dalguayre and has three naves with chapels between the buttresses and an ambulatory with radial chapels. The 13th-century cloister adjoins the building on the south side, with access from the inside via the Olivera door. Highlights inside include the main altarpiece with 14th-century paintings, the font and choir stalls by Cristóbal de Salamanca.
Calle Porta del Palau, s/n
43500 Tortosa, Tarragona (Catalonia)