It is about 60 kilometres from the city of Tarragona. Its old town has been declared Property of Cultural Interest. The historic area of Santa Coloma de Queralt is a medieval urban nucleus that contains notable monuments.
Four portals remain from the old walled area, in addition to two porticoed squares: the Plaça Major and the Plaça de l’Església. Among other sites, the Castillo dels Comtes stands out with its large Tribute Tower and its entry vestibule, the Casa de la Villa, which is the current City Hall, the Jewish neighborhood and the gothic style Parochial Church of Saint Mary, which has a 17th century bell tower and a 14th century alabaster altar piece. The impressive sepulcher of the Counts of Queralt is also made of alabaster and it dates back to the year 1370. It is located in the Churchy of Saint Mary of Bell-lloc, whose construction exemplifies a transitional style from romantic to gothic. Close to this temple is the Fountain of les Canelles, which has eight water bossies and was made in the 17th century. Also, you can see a gothic cross close to it. It is also a great starting place for 4X4 excursions to the surrounding area, as well as for various theme routes, such as the Cistercian Monastery Route.