Declared of National Historic Interest.
Founded by Grand Master Pelayo Pérez Correa in the second half of the 13th century. The former hermitage was raised to the status of monastery in 1514. It was the sanctuary of the Vicariate of Santa María de Tudía and housed an important college of humanities. It has a Mudejar cloister. The outstanding feature of the monastery is the main reredos, created by Niculoso Pisano in 1518; it mixes Mudejar and Renaissance styles. The image of the Virgin of Tentudía, created in the 18th century, presides over the church. The monastery has been declared as of National Historic Interest.