Its prolonged construction originated the mixture of styles in its construction.
After undergoing a long series of vicissitudes, the expert Raimundo de Monforte began work which lasted from 1129 to 1273. It combines several architectonic styles which range from Romanesque to Neoclassical. The ambulatory, the Main Chapel and the chapels in the apses are Gothic, from the 14th century The sacristy, the chapel of Virgen de los Ojos Grandes and the cloister are Baroque. The main façade is Neoclassical. It houses the Diocesan Museum.