Some historians believe that the bridge was built in the first century A.D. during the reign of Marcus Ulpius Traianus. The bridge crosses the river at one of its widest points and lies on a rocky subsoil. It measures 176 metres long by 3.70 metres wide. It is blessed with 26 semicircular arches and robust pillars. It forms part of the 'Plata' (Silver) Roman road, that linked Merida with Astorga.
Casa Lis Art Nouveau and Art Deco Museum
Located in Casa Lis, the city's earliest Modernist building (1905).