It houses the Écija Sacred Art Museum and its Virgen del Valle Chapel is dedicated to the city's patron saint.
Its site has been occupied by places of worship since the Visigoth period. Two capitals and an interesting sarcophagus are conserved from that time. In the Muslim period, it was the site of Écija's mosques. Construction of the new Mudejar church began after the Christian conquest in 1240, from which period a decorative plasterwork arch remains. The main altarpiece, brought from the Concepción de los Mercedarios Convent, dates from the 18th century and is dedicated to the Virgin of Socorro.