This building, known as the Gernika Casa de Juntas, is the home of the most important institutional body in Vizcaya. It stands beside the legendary Tree which is the symbol of all the Basque peoples, and is the site where the councillors of the dominion of Bizkaia have assembled since the Middle Ages. It is in a purely neoclassical style and was built between 1826 and 1833.
Factory of Astra-Unceta and Cia
The work of the Bilbao architect Ricardo de Bastida y Bilbao, the…