Built over the birthplace of Saint Teresa of Avila
The convent, inaugurated in 1636, was built on the site of the birthplace of Saint Teresa of Avila and designed by the architect Fray Alonso de San José.
Highlights include the church's Baroque façade, and the interior with a Latin cross floor plan, whose side naves contain magnificent sculptures by the master Gregorio Fernández.
Convent of Santa Teresa
Plaza de la Santa, 2
05001 Ávila (Castilla y Leon)