Travel SafeAdvice for travelling safely
Hermigua sits in the valley of the same name, in the northwestern part of the island of La Gomera.
The origins of the town date back to the 16th century with the creation of Valle Alto, the first population centre, overlooked by the church and convent of Santo Domingo. Years later, another village sprang up, which was Valle Bajo, where the church of Nuestra Señora de la Encarnación was built in 1650. Some of the attractions for tourists in Hermigua are: the steep rock of San Pedro, its beaches (Santa Catalina and La Caleta), its natural pool and the cedar woods, fed by a stream of transparent water.