Building began in 1214, following the canons of the Romanesque ogival style in its transition to the Gothic. The most thorough reform was undertaken in the 18th century and included the addition of the chapel of the Virgin del Manzano, the crypt for the burial of the Counts, a new apse and the tower. It currently houses the Museum of Sacred Art which contains mediaeval carved images, Flemish paintings, parchments and gold items.
Convent of San Antón
This was formerly the residence of the Antonianos order which was…
Muralla de Castrojeriz
Restos de la muralla medieval con sillares de la época romana.
Parish church of Santo Domingo
This church has three naves and is built in the Gothic style,…
Castrojeríz Ethnographic Museum
It contains an exhibition of farm tools and domestic items.