The underground marks of the Peninsular War
The name of the cave refers to the fact that it once served as a refuge for some of the French combatants in the Peninsular War of 1808.
It has an extension of almost 1000 metres, and a difference in level of 20 metres. The area that can be visited covers a distance of 482 metres and passes through large chambers full of spectacular columns, stalagmites and stalactites. Beside the cave there is a pavilion with an audiovisual exhibition on the cave itself and on the surroundings, which include the protected nature spaces of Páramo de la Lora and Covalagua. The visit lasts 45 minutes and is suitable for everyone.