Aktualności COVID-19Porady, jak bezpiecznie podróżować
Villaescusa de Haro
Village in La Mancha, with a rich historic and monumental heritage, that includes important Gothic-Renaissance buildings. Its historical importance is corroborated by the numerous Roman, Visigothic, and Arab vestiges that it preserves.
Interesting architecture in the area includes the parish church of San Pedro, from the 13th-14th centuries, remodelled in the 16th and 17th. This flamboyant Gothic building, with Renaissance elements, has remarkable features like its main front, apse, and the chapel of Asunción, built in 1507. Lining its streets we see noble mansions, such as the palace of Ramírez, from the 16th and 17th centuries; the City Hall, located at the main square, or Plaza Mayor, whose 16th-century building was also the site of the local granary, a jail, and a market; and finally the ruins of the convent of the Dominicans, also known as Santa Cruz, built in 1542. The ruins are from the convent's church, some elements of which can still be seen, like the Renaissance main front, plus the arcades and the fragments of the vaults that covered the naves. The remains of the old university, a Renaissance building from the 16th century, are also preserved.