The museum offers an anthropological survey of the concepts of life, death and religiosity since Palaeolithic times to the 20th century.
The museum was founded in 1838, and is currently housed in the building of the Infantado Palace. Its permanent exhibition, entitled 'Tránsitos' ('Transits') combines the most important pieces from its archaeological, fine art and ethnographic collections, in an original display which highlights the different approaches to life, death and the idea of the afterlife of the various groups of humans that have inhabited Guadalajara throughout the centuries. Works by Alonso Cano, Ribera and La Roldana, in addition to Celtiberian and mediaeval remains, among others, illustrate the successive passage of different cultures through this province.
Plaza de los Caídos, s/n (Palacio del Infantado)
19001 Guadalajara (Castilla-La Mancha)
Chapel of Luis Lucena or Los Urbina
Luis Lucena, doctor and humanist and a native of Guadalajara,…