This holy temple is linked to one of the Almohad city wall's ancient gateways. Built during the 14th and 15th centuries, it was declared a National Historic-Artistic Monument for being one of the most noteworthy in Seville province. The Renaissance temple was built in 1538, and afterwards in the eighteenth century, the ruins that remained from the ancient Mudejar church were covered with barrel vaults. The façade is also Mudejar in style while the interior of the building is Renaissance based. There are numerous outstanding pieces of precious metalwork within the church. It has an interesting mix of styles. The main altarpiece, from San Sebastian de Carmona dates back to the seventeenth century.
Nuestra Señora de la Consolación Church
Plaza Mayor s/n
41370 Cazalla de la Sierra, Seville (Andalusia)