Declared a National Monument in 1931.
The shrine is 8 km from Vitoria-Gazteiz. It is a Romanesque church, laid out in the form of a Latin cross, with a single nave, a large transept and three chapels in the sanctuary. The nave has three sections with pointed barrel vaults. The sanctuary has three apses, the central one having adjoining columns running half way up and modern buttresses to support the walls in the straight section. The south façade is a Romanesque masterpiece. The building has undergone many reforms, but remains one of the most important monuments in the Romanesque style in the Álava region.