The building dates from the 12th century, with Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque additions. It was built with the function of Episcopal Palace, but in 1895 the Orense Provincial Commission for Historic and Artistic Monuments decided to create a Provincial Archaeological Museum, installed here in 1951. The building was declared a Property of Cultural Interest in 1931.
Ourense Provincial Archaeological Museum
The museum is located in the 12th-century building of the old…