Dedicated to the Virgen De Las Nieves
The cathedral was originally in Gothic style, although it moved towards the Baroque in subsequent modifications.
In 1235, Catalonian troops under Guillem de Montgrí promised that if they managed to conquer Ibiza they would build a church. This promise led to the consecration of a parish church that they built on the site of the Yebisah mosque. It was initially built in the 14th century in Gothic style and was restored in the 18th century, now with a Baroque style. The exterior is severe and sober, with strong buttresses. The church is dedicated to Santa María la Mayor, or Nuestra Señora de las Nieves.
Archaeological Museum of Ibiza and Formentera
Through the valuable objects in its collection, the museum offers…
Ibiza Town Hall/Santo Domingo Convent
The Town Hall is located in the refectory of the old Dominican…