The first mention of this castle dates from the 9th century during the skirmishes with the Muslim forces. There are three clearly differentiated sections: the Roman part which is today reduced to an almost hidden square tower; the Visigoth part comprising the extension to the castle with different masonry work from in the Roman part; and the mediaeval part.
9110 Castrojeriz, Burgos (Castilla y Leon)
Museum of the former Collegiate Church of Santa María del Manzano
It contains works by Berruguete, Diego de Siloé, Carducho, Mateo…
Ex-collegiate Church of Santa María del Manzano
Building began in 1214, following the canons of the Romanesque…
Parish church of Santo Domingo
This church has three naves and is built in the Gothic style,…