It was founded in the 10th century by Count Santo (Osorio Gutiérrez). The Museum of Religious Art can be found inside this Benedictine monastery. The building as a whole has the cultural property designation, and consists of an abbey and the church, as well as various chapels, a monastery, two cloisters and a courtyard. The church’s Baroque façade stands out especially. It was renovated in 1732 by Casas y Novoa, the master architect behind the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.