The Church of Nuestra Señora was built over the remains of a former mosque. Construction began in 1529, in the Gothic style, but only the apse remains of this period, with side chapels featuring pointed arches and Gothic pilasters. The rest was destroyed by an earthquake. It was rebuilt thanks to the initiative of the council of canons in 1531, with a Renaissance design by Alonso de Covarrubias and the master mason Rodrigo de Gibaja. It is three storeys high, with rib vaults and ambulatory. The detached tower is in five sections.