- 自治区: Balearic Islands
Sobrasada, a Majorcan sausage, is a typical Spanish Mediterranean product. There are many recipes that use this sausage.
The origins of sobrasada are uncertain. Some sources insist that the Romans introduced this sausage to the archipelago, while others claim that the Majorcan farmers themselves created the recipe as a way of having meat available year-round. Sobrasada was not made as it is known today (that is, with paprika) until the early 17th century. Sobrasada is a raw cured sausage, with a characteristic reddish-orange colour, that is the result of mixing ground lean pork and pork fat with paprika, salt and spices. It is sold in a variety of presentations. It can be stuffed in pig tripe in different shapes and size. It is also sold in tins.
- 产品类型：: Others
- 时期: Year-round.
- 起源: It is originally from Majorca.
- 菜谱: Sóller eggs
- 菜式: There are two varieties:
- Majorcan sobrasada: made with pork from all breeds.
- Majorcan sobrasada from black pigs: made with pork meat from the native Majorcan breed, bred and fattened on the island of Majorca.
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: High
- 备注: Rich in lipides and energy.