Cardona's Salt Mountain guided tour
The Salt Mountain is a unique natural phenomenon in the world and is still growing while being eroded by the rain. Its 120 meters are just the tip of an enor- mous diapir nearly two kilometres deep.
The tourist site you’re visiting today became one of the most important potassium salt mines in the world, called Mina Nieves de Cardona (1929-1990). Nowadays, the old mine is the Salt Mountain Cultural Park, a cultural facility aiming to spread the importance of salt, the geological uniqueness of the site and the explotaition of this natural resource for centuries.
The Salt Mountain Cultural Park offers the visitor a guided tour at a depth of 86 m: Inside the galleries of the Salt Mountain, open since 1997, the various spectacular folds and seams of the deposit and diversity of minerals are displayed in all their splendour.. The visitor can also enjoy a walk through the old mining facilities.
In August, regular guided tours in English and French
- Price: €12 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
- Duration: 1 Hours, 15 Minutes
- Date available from: 04/04/2017
- Date available to: 30/04/2021
- Additional information: Mondays closed (except holidays) From Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Weekends from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. August: from Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Weekends from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Closed: December 25th and 26th , January 1st and 6th.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: CARDONA TURISME