Birding tour in Alicante
In the South of Alicante province there are very interesting nature reserves worth to pay a visit. In this day tour, we will search for top birds species at el Hondo de Elche which is one of the best birdwatching place in East Spain. It holds during the breeding season an important population of Squacco, Night and Purple Heron, and Little Bittern. Other interesting species that can be found in the Hondo are: Glossy ibis, Roller, Bee-eater, Short-toed and Lesser Short-toed Lark, Bearded and Penduline tit, Cetti’s, Fan-tailed and Mustached Warbler, Woodchat Shrike, Marbled and White-headed Duck and a large number of Flamingos.
During the migrations many waders such as Green, Little and Wood sandpipers, along with Black Tern and Garganey can be observed in el Hondo de Elche. In winter el Hondo de Elche is very good for raptors such as Booted Eagle, Merlin, Peregrine Falcon, Hen Harrier, Marsh Harrier and Spotted Eagle which have become very regular. Besides, Bluethroat, Cranes and Craig martin are often seen in winter.
In the afternoon we will visit the Salinas de Santa Pola. The area is truly good place to observe Kentish Plover, Slender-billed, Audouin’s and Mediterranean Gull along with Whiskered and Gull-billed Tern. In the winter months Osprey, Marsh Harrier, Spoonbills and Great White Egrets are abundant. In addition, we can not overlook the waders migration which can be impressive.
There is an option of combine one of the two areas with the visit of the Vinalopo River gorge, home of the elusive Trumpet Finch. There, we will also look out for Rock Thrush, Rock Sparrow, Crag Martin, Bee-eater, Black Wheatear and Rock Bunting.
This tour involve no walking difficulties.
- Price: €180 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Benidorm (Alicante - Alacant)
Alicante (Alicante - Alacant)
Calp (Alicante - Alacant)
Dénia (Alicante - Alacant)
Jávea (Alicante - Alacant)
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Date available from: 08/10/2015
- Date available to: 30/04/2020
- Additional information: Extra person 20 € with a maximum of 4 people.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Ecotourism. Observing nature and wildlife
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Birdwatching Spain
Other activities you may find interesting
€14 per person (including taxes)
In Almadén (Ciudad Real), you will have the opportunity ... (+查看更多内容)
€10 per person (including taxes)
Afternoons Visiting: Church of Santo Domingo, ... (+查看更多内容)
€150 per person (including taxes)
- Travel by high speed train from Madrid to enjoy a ... (+查看更多内容)