Greenway of the Tajuña
Because of its proximity to Madrid, it is one of the most visited Greenways. You can ride a historic railway and visit a small Railway Museum. At the end of the route you will find a wide variety of local cuisine based on local products. In the middle of the path, the Chávarri Station and the crystalline waters of Carabaña, an impressive plain of poppies in spring.
It can be reached from the center of Madrid by public transport. We’ll wait for you to give you some good walking sticks or a bicycle. If you come from outside of Madrid, you will have a unique opportunity to get to know the Austrias district and also the nearby city of Toledo and the impressive walls that surround the city.
Day 1, we begin our tour visiting the Museum of the Train of Arganda, where you will get to know the only historical railway of the Community of Madrid. From there, we will continue towards Perales del Tajuña, stopping along the way to taste the traditional cuisine of the neighboring town of Morata del Tajuña.
Day 2, we will leave for Ambite, stopping in some of the towns along the path, such as Tielmes and Carabaña, whose heritage adorns our journey.
Day 3, we will have the day off to enjoy moments of peace and tranquility before returning to our place of origin.
Included: Vehicle and transfers, lodging in half board (water and wine in meals). Activities indicated. Rental of bicycles Tickets and visits to monuments. Basic travel assistance insurance and local taxes.
- Price: €290 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French.German.Italian.Portuguese
Arganda del Rey (Madrid)
Morata de Tajuña (Madrid)
Perales de Tajuña (Madrid)
- Duration: 3 Day
- Date available from: 04/07/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Sport and adventure. Cycle touring. Nature. Hiking
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: TURISMO VIVENCIAL
Train's Museum in Arganda del Rey
Geenway of the Tajuña
Arriving in Mieles