Santo Domingo Church
The church, which was built at the same time as the convent, is primarily Baroque in style, although it has undergone several modifications.
It is the only building from the old Santo Domingo convent that still retains its original configuration. It was begun in 1592 and was not completed until over a century later. There is a single nave, 31 m long, and five lateral chapels on each side. The high altar is presided by a Baroque Genovese reredos. In 1730, the church underwent important modifications following the explosion of the Santa Llúcia gunpowder store. The most important are the three Valencia-style tile covered domes that tope the chapels of Sant Antoni, la Purísima and Del Roser. Several fires have ruined most of its artistic value (mural paintings and images). It houses the Sant Pere Apòstol parish church since 1928.
- Byggnad: Church
- Konsthistorisk period: Baroque
- Historisk period: 18th century, 16th century
Från Tisdag till SöndagFrån 10:00 till 14:00 Från 17:00 till 20:00
- Fritt inträde