Tasty preserve from the county of Bierzo.
Growing peppers is traditional in the county of Bierzo, in León. Its microclimate favours the production of this vegetable, which takes on a spicy, slightly hot, flavour and an intense fragrance. Once harvested, when the fruit reaches its characteristic red colour, the peppers are roasted in a wood oven. They are then peeled by hand, packed in glass jars and some drops of lemon juice added before they are cooked in a bain marie. This way they keep for a long time. In the mouth they are fleshy, slightly spicy and sweet, with a pleasant aroma. They are used to accompany meat and fish dishes or alone, simply seasoned.
Информация о продукте
- Вид продуктов: Vegetables
- Сезон: They may be eaten all year round.
- Происхождение: The production area covers the northeast of León, in the county of Bierzo, and includes the villages of Ponferrada, Arganza, Villafranca, Toral de los Vados and Carracedelo.
- Рекомендуемый напиток: Delicious with young red wine. In all cases, the choice also depends on the other ingredients of the dish.
- Где купить: Bierzo peppers can be bought in most specialised shops in Spain, but particularly in the province of León.
Информация о питательной ценности
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- Примечания: Rich in vitamins.