Astronomer.Experience with a research professional telescope
The Astronomical Observatory of Calar Alto and Azimuth offer you the unique opportunity in Europe to make a visual observation through a professional research telescope of 1.23m opening.
We have a got a plan to make you feel like a professional astronomer for one night. Do you want to be part of it?
The Session Director will welcome you to the observatory with a welcoming light refreshment.
.- From the library of the observatory (not open to public visits) an entertaining talk will provide you with insight into the infrastructure of the observatory, the international relevance of the astrophysics research carried out from there, and of course a basic but essential glimpse into the practise of observational astronomy and the use of light to study the Universe.
.- Afterwards we will enjoy in a relaxed atmosphere a local products based dinner (there exists the option of not having the dinner, please look for the activity "Ventana al Universo" which costs is 125 euros/attendee).
Finally we will move to the dome of the 1.23m telescope which we will be using visually to observe a variety of astronomical objects from Solar System objects to planetary nebulae, from globular clusters to other galaxies.
A unique opportunity not miss out to understand the Universe we live in.
- Price: €199 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Date available from: 10/07/2016
- Date available to: 01/12/2019
- Additional information: Please check availability and dates from our website or contact directly anyone of Azimuth team. We would like to remind you that you can access this activity either purchasing tickets from the programmed public activities calendar or arranging your private session (this modality is aimed to groups up to 15 people ideally starting from 8 to 10 people).
- Category of the activity: Nature. Ecotourism. Stargazing
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Azimuth
Информация предоставлена поставщиком услуг
Unique experience in Europe
Look through a professional telescope
Scientific tourism and nature
Other activities you may find interesting
€53 per person (including taxes)
Enjoy a cruise on the south west coast of Gran Canaria ... (+Подробнее)
Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las