Visits to the German-Spanish Astronomical Centre at Calar Alto
The Astronomical Observatory of Calar Alto is the largest in continental Europe, with professional telescopes up to 3.5 metres aperture.
It is operated jointly by the Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia (Spain) and the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg (Germany), producing a joint venture of international science.
The visit consists of an instructive lecture about the observatory and the scientific use of telescopes in astronomy, followed by the visit to the building of one of the telescopes. Tours are guided by qualified personnel with scientific training.
- Price: €10 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Date available from: 25/06/2016
- Date available to: 01/12/2019
- Additional information: Public visits on Saturday (or Sunday - check Azimuth website) Visiting hours from 12:00h until 14:00h For safety reasons this activity is only available for people over 8 years old
- Category of the activity: Nature. Ecotourism. Stargazing
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Azimuth
Информация предоставлена поставщиком услуг
Calar Alto Astronomy Observatory
Other activities you may find interesting
€60 per person (including taxes)
The activity begins with a welcome drink in Pradollano ... (+Подробнее)
€9 per person (including taxes)
1. ... (+Подробнее)