Path of the Iberico
Savoring a plate of Jabugo’s jamón ibérico goes well beyond the pure gastronomical experience. We propose accommodation in nature, a hike in the meadow where the Iberian pig grazes, a visit to a ham factory and, of course, a full tasting of the delicacy itself.
We have selected for you a superior rural lodging during your stay at the Sierra de Aracena y Picos de Aroche Natural Park.
The hike, guided/interpreted in Spanish and English, runs for some 3.5 miles (5.5 kms) through the pigs´ pastures, between the villages of La Nava and El Repilado. This one, an incorporated borough of Jabugo, has been fully devoted to the ibérico ham industry since the 19th century. To learn about the elaboration process of ibérico products, we will visit a firm founded in the late 1800s and boasting today top class facilities, like its outstanding natural drying rooms and pantries, where the ibérico pieces slowly cure, letting time take its course.
Tasting of the ibérico goods happens, where traditional recipes are meticulously reproduced using the best ingredient in the region… patience.
The Iberico Path La Nava – El Repilado is a one day life lesson within the two-night.
Minimum 4 people, 8 max.
- Price: €131 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 2 Day
- Date available from: 26/12/2019
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Category of the activity: Gastronomy. Enjoying ham. Nature. Ecotourism
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: Somos destinorural
Информация предоставлена поставщиком услуг
PATHS OF THE IBERICO