W jakim regionie Hiszpanii jest typowy?
- Wspólnota autonomiczna: Autonomous Community of Navarre
Pressed paste cheese made in the Roncal Valley, in the north Navarre, with raw milk from the Rasa and Lacha breed sheep.
The milk must be whole and without colostrum that could adversely affect the creation, ageing and preservation of the product, and it must be balanced in fat and proteins. The creation process consists of the curdling, cutting, draining, moulding, salting and ageing phases, and is carried out especially between the months of December and July, both inclusive. Roncal cheese has a hard rind, which presents some of the mould that gives it a bluish grey colour and a certain velvety texture. It is cylindrical with sharp edges, it weighs between 2 and 3 kilos, and is between 8 and 12 cm tall. It has a sharp flavour, slightly spicy and very buttery on the palate, which is achieved by ageing the cheese for over 4 months.
Informacje o produkcie
- Rodzaj produktu: Others
- Sezon: Primary production is in winter and spring, but it is also made throughout the rest of the year.
- Pochodzenie: The production and ageing area for Roncal cheese comprises the towns of Uztarroz, lsaba, Urzainqui, Roncal, Garde, Vidangoz and Burgui; all of which are located in the Roncal Valley of Navarre.
- Polecany napój: It is excellent as an appetiser, 'tapa' or dessert with crianza and non-crianza red wines.
- Energy: High
- Cholesterol: Average
- Uwagi: Rich in lipides, proteins and calcium.