Prat Chicken and Capon
W jakim regionie Hiszpanii jest typowy?
- Wspólnota autonomiczna: Catalonia
The Prat breed is native to the region of Baix Llobregat and is one of the most typical and valued for the quality of its meat.
Its origins date back to the mid-19th century. The animals from this breed stand out for the slate blue colour of their feet, pearl coloured skin, long breast, and an outstandingly fine and smooth meat, without excessive amounts of fat. Their eggs, used for consumption, are pink in colour, well formed and weigh at least 55 grams. The chickens are slaughtered at the age of at least 77 days and the capons at 182 days. Their meat is sold on the market in the traditional form (eviscerated), ready to cook or cut in quarters or halves.
Informacje o produkcie
- Rodzaj produktu: Meat
- Sezon: Prat chickens and capons are consumed year-round, but especially during the Christmas season.
- Pochodzenie: The area in which the Prat breed is raised comprises the towns of Castelldefels, Cornellá de Llobregat, El Prat de Llobregat, Gavá, Sant Boix de Llobregat, Sant Climent de Llobregat, Sant Feliú de Llobregat, Viladecans and Santa Coloma de Cervellá.
- Polecany napój: Prat Chicken and Capon, eaten in a variety of ways, such as roasted, grilled, stewed, with sauce, stuffed or with garlic sauce, are delicious with woody white wines and crianza and non-crianza red wines, depending on the consistency and ingredients used in their preparation.
- Gdzie kupić?: Prat Chickens and Capons are available in nearly all speciality shops, supermarkets and butcher's in Cataluña.
- Przepisy: Chicken with prawns
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Uwagi: Rich in Proteins and Iron.