Itero de la Vega
Renaissance "Rollo Jurisdiccional" (pillar erected to denote jurisdictional independence of a town or village)
Plaza Mayor, s/n.
34486 Itero de la Vega, Palencia (Castilla y Leon)
It is associated with a history of the districts of Itero, Santoyo and Boadilla, which in the 15th century were under the dominion of Melgar and Castrojeriz. The lords of these last two fiefdoms had the support of the Catholic monarchs, so that Itero de la Vega was obliged to pay the sum of 232,500 maravedies in order to gain sovereignty. This pillar was erected in 1529 to symbolise its administrative and judicial autonomy.
- Budowla: Popular architecture
- Okres artystyczny: Gothic
- Okres historyczny: 16th century