San Salvador Monastery in Vilanova de Lourenzá
Plaza del Conde Santo, s/n.
27760 Vilanova, Lourenzá, Lugo (Galicia)
It was founded in the 10th century by Count Santo (Osorio Gutiérrez). The Museum of Religious Art can be found inside this Benedictine monastery. The building as a whole has the cultural property designation, and consists of an abbey and the church, as well as various chapels, a monastery, two cloisters and a courtyard. The church’s Baroque façade stands out especially. It was renovated in 1732 by Casas y Novoa, the master architect behind the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
- Budowla: Monastery
- Okres artystyczny: Baroque
- Okres historyczny: 18th century, 10th century
Od Poniedziałek do Piątek12:00 17:00 18:00
Sobota12:00 17:00 18:00
- Dni zamknięcia: Sunday
- Ogólny: 3€
- Grupy: 2€
Guided tour. By prior appointment.