Campo Grande Park
Paseo de Zorrilla, s/n.
47007 Valladolid (Castilla y Leon)
Situated at the heart of Valladolid is Campo Grande, the city’s main park. Triangular in shape, it is delimited by the Acera de Recoletos walkway and the Paseo de los Filipinos and Paseo de Zorilla avenues. The main entrance is situated in Plaza Zorilla square, where adjacent to a large modern gate is the city’s large floral coat of arms, a brilliant example of the art of garden mosaics. The entire perimeter of the park is made up of simple railings and pilasters, with gates on all three sides. Its origin as a park, or rather landscaped area, dates back to 1787, although it enjoyed the status as an important urban space as early as the 15th century. One of the main features of the park is its vast population of poultry species. Distributed around the park are a pheasant sanctuary, an aviary and a dovecot belonging to the Pigeon Breeding Club of Castile. As a result, there are numerous turkeys, pheasants and pigeons, which in fact have become the park’s principal inhabitants.
Od Poniedziałek do NiedzielaOd 08:00 do 22:00
- Wstęp wolny