Ultimate Sherry Tour
What should you expect?
Our Sherry Bodegas (winery) Tour is a full day tour experience. We will be picking you up at 9:00am and head to our first winery in Chiclana de la Frontera, found within the "Marco de Jerez", and a perfect place to understand the whole process since the grapes arrive up to when the grapes finish in the "bota" (barrel), we will finish tasting sherry.
From here we will head to Sanlúcar de Barrameda, on the way we will be able to enjoy views of the vineyards, and see the grapes as well as the famous soil "albariza" high calcium soil that produces the best grape juice.
We will enjoy touring a Sherry winery, where the guide will tell us why are they different from the "bodegas" in the other two cities in the Sherry triangle, only three cities are allowed to age Sherry. Sanlúcar de Barrameda wineries not only have DO. Jerez-Sherry-Xérès but they are also under the D.O. Manzanilla. We will be finishing around 14:00 after tasting more sherry, we will then eat local Andalusian food with sherry, or a non-alcoholic drink, in the heart of this beautiful coastal city. We will also enjoy a short walk around the old town and have a coffee with a dessert to avoid the heat at this time of the day.
On the way to our last Bodega at the capital of the DO. Jerez-Sherry-Xérès, Jerez de la Frontera, we will stop to enjoy the views of a vineyard on its famous Albariza soil and talk about why this soil produce the best palomino grapes. In Jerez de la Frontera, we will enjoy learning more about the origin of Sherry and Brandy. We will head to drop you off at your pick up point after enjoying our last sherry tasting at around 19:00pm. We will be arriving at Vejer de la Frontera, 20:00.
Join us in this special and unique tour. We can design tours for all kind of groups, just book us in advance!
- Price: €235 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Vejer de la Frontera (Cadiz)
- Duration: 11 Hours
- Date available from: 14/05/2019
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: We will be offering this tour From Tuesday to Friday. Small groups 3-10 , if you would like to book a different day or with your own group, smaller or bigger groups, we can design a custom tour and personalize your own private tour!
- Category of the activity: Gastronomy. Wine tourism
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Explore la Tierra
Informacje udostępnione przez dostawcę usług
Solera system at a different cellar
Your guide at one of the Cellars
Flor in one of the barrels
Your guide showing the albariza soil!
Other activities you may find interesting
€90 per person (including taxes)
Departure from Bilbao at 08:30am. ... (+Zobacz więcej)