Picos de Europa short break in Urriellu
Ascent to the legendary Naranjo de Bulnes or Picu Urriellu in Picos de Europa, the astonishing Camburero Gorge and the picturesque village of Bulnes.
DAY 1: Arrival in Poncebos and ascent to the Picu Urriellu (6.5 km)
this morning you take the car to Poncebos and park it there. At 9,30 hrs a taxi transfer will pick you up to take you to the start of the route, to Pandebano pass. Today the route is a demanding and long ascent to get to the mountain refuge located at the base of the legendary Naranjo de Bulnes or "Picu Urriellu". Once you gain altitude, you start to enjoy the spectacular moon-like landscape in this limestone paradise where chamoix, vultures and choughs await us. Tonight you will stay at a real mountain refuge at the foot of Picu Urriellu.
DAY 2: Urriellu-Bulnes-Poncebos (14.5 km)
After spending a night in the heart of the Picos, you return to your starting point yesterday via a small village, Bulnes, that has no road communication. Today you follow the same route back down to Pandébano, then turn west to descend to Bulnes - a tiny hamlet with no road access - and continue on to Poncebos down the beautiful Texu gorge. A long, tough descent that can be shortened by taking the funicular railway down from Bulnes. The funicular railway is 7-minute train journey through a tunnel without views (one-way ticket for adults costs 18€ per person and 4€ for children.
DAY 3: Departure
- 1 night at a mountain refuge
- 1 night at a 2* hotel
- Dinner and breakfast at the mountain refuge
- Breakfast at hotel
- Transfer to the start of the walk on day 1
- Trip notes and detailed descriptions of excursions and activities
- Price: €125 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 3 Day
- Date available from: 01/04/2020
- Date available to: 31/10/2020
- Additional information: You can start on any day of the week, subject to availability, between March 1st and December 31st.
- Category of the activity: Nature. Hiking
- Who is it for?: Young people. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: S-Cape Travel
Informacje udostępnione przez dostawcę usług
Naranjo de Bulnes
Cows in Picos de Europa
Hikers in Picos de Euruopa
Route Pico Urriellu
La Java bridge in Poncebos