Cheese Farm and Wines
The Extremadura cheeses start from a tradition so deep that in the Middle Ages they worked as a currency of exchange. Today it is a handmade product to which the technology has just finished rounding.
The goat's and sheep's cheeses are more than a speciality amongst the region's livestock farmers.
Our guided visit starts with a short introduction about the history of the company. Then we explore the workroom during the production of cheese: the processing may vary according to the season, from milk curdling, to cheese salting or cheese rinsing. You will experience all the stages of the cheese making process and learn the techniques for an organic production.
The farm is very authentic and hosts many animals: you will also visit where the goats live and learn how the milking facility works. During the visit you will also meet several pigs, dogs, wild birds and many other animals. The encounter with all these animals make this tour ideal for groups and families with children.
In the end you will enjoy tasting different kind of cheeses paired with a selection of wines and cavas from Extremadura.
- Price: €25 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Ribera del Fresno (Badajoz)
Villafranca de los Barros (Badajoz)
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Date available from: 28/01/2019
- Date available to: 31/12/2019
- Additional information: Special prices for groups.
- Category of the activity: Gastronomy. Cookery courses. Wine tourism
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: Cata con Cati
Informacje udostępnione przez dostawcę usług
Other activities you may find interesting
€15 per person (including taxes)
Come and discover the olive grove of Sierra Magina ... (+Zobacz więcej)