From Market Hall to the Table
Vilanova i la Geltrú is Garraf region's Capital, where Sitges is also located.It is a seaside city and, therefore, maritime. Its fish market has about 60 boats that every day go out to sea in searching the best catches to sell them just reaching the port in the fish auction.
Montse, our local host, will accompany you on this tour through our city's gastronomy. We will begin this experience visiting the auction in the fish market, where, we will feel its intense activity. From there, we will go to the central market of supplies, one of the best markets of the region and meeting point of the local people. We will buy the ingredients depending on the selected dishes that Montse will teach us on our exclusive gastronomic workshop. Dishes always based on the Mediterranean diet, with fresh ingredients and zero-kilometer products. We are slow food, and we want you to enjoy this unique experience for your most sensory senses.
To complete this day, we will enjoy a city tour with a cultural itinerary through some Vilanova's corners and its La Geltrú quarter. Crossing the city we will accompany you to the train station, which will also have served as a meeting point.
INCLUDED: Pick up group and visit to the fish market. Tour through the maritime district of Vilanova i la Geltrú until reaching the market of supplies. Buy of ingredients and tasting. Gastronomic workshop with a chef, and tasting of local wines. Accompaniment and assistance insurance.
OBSERVATIONS: The gastronomic workshop will always be develped with fresh ingredients and dishes of the Mediterranean diet, so that, the dishes may vary depending on the season.
- Price: €115 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Vilanova i la Geltrú (Barcelona)
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Date available from: 19/12/2016
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: This experience will take place all year. Recipes may vary depending on the fresh products of each season.
- Category of the activity: Gastronomy. Cookery courses. Food markets and traditional markets
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: TURISMO VIVENCIAL
Informacje udostępnione przez dostawcę usług
Central Market in Vilanova i la Geltrú
Everybody ready to cook!
Sauces what accompany dishes